I want to...
- Find out why my monthly payment changes
- Understand warlike service entitlement
- Learn about construction loans
- Learn about multiparty loans
- Understand occupancy requirements
- Understand tier progression
- Read surviving partner fact sheet
- Read the DHOAS Act
- Get details about DSH and DHOS
- Understand how my personal information is managed
Welcome to DHOAS
The Defence Home Ownership Assistance Scheme (DHOAS) assists current and former Australian Defence Force (ADF) members and their families to achieve home ownership. DHOAS is administered by the Department of Veterans' Affairs on behalf of the Department of Defence.
The Scheme is aimed at improving ADF recruitment and retention. The longer you serve in the ADF, the more entitlement you accrue under DHOAS and the longer you can receive assistance.
To be eligible, you must have served within the last five years of applying for DHOAS, completed a qualifying period of service and accrued a service credit.
You will need to take out a DHOAS home loan and meet the Scheme conditions, including occupancy requirements, to receive the monthly subsidy payments.
Subsidy tiers for 2020-21
|Subsidy tier||Minimum Permanent service||Minimum Reserve service||Subsidised loan amount||Maximum monthly subsidy*|
|1||4 years||8 years||$300,243||Up to $206|
|2||8 years||12 years||$450,365||Up to $309|
|3||12 years||16 years||$600,486||Up to $412|
*Estimated monthly subsidy values based on the July 2020 median interest rate. These monthly subsidy values fluctuate based on changes in the median interest rate.