Completing the form
To apply for a DHOAS Subsidy Certificate you use the Application for Subsidy Certificate form.
To ensure a prompt application process, you are requested to:
- Provide all details requested in the application form
- Include your full service records, itemising every type of service you have completed from when you first started in the ADF through to the application date, including any breaks you have had. Ensure your service records are up-to-date,
- Respond to all other questions under Part E of the form, including Question 29 about your service record.
To fill out the application form, you will need the following:
- Your contact details
- Full service details.
- Your Discharge Certificate, if you are no longer in service
- If applying for DHOAS as an ‘incapacitated member’, a copy of your DM042 (Invalidity Retirement from the Defence Force Medical Information).
Filling out the form electronically:
The application form can be saved on to your own system and filled out electronically then printed out for sending into DVA. You can do this by hitting the 'SAVE' button, which is on the bottom left-hand corner of page 7 of the form. Alternatively, you can print out the form and complete the hard copy.